Disney + Star Wars Visions

God, that episode chase me out of my world. It was sequel trilogy written all over it.

The first one was fine, except that lightsaber umbrella. I particularly liked the ending of the duel, very clever. Howrver the dialogues were cringy and bad…

The Tatooine Rhapsody was too childish for me which was fine for the format, however they probably missed the target audience (which is not the current 10-13 year old boys). It also suffered from stupid lines and that song was terrible.

Still, I hope for the rest.

1 Like

Finally got around to watching The Elder, and it was pretty good. Nothing stellar, but much better than the others.

I just wish they’d stop with the goofy lightsabers. They don’t do that!

Other than that, it was just that the master’s hair was ridiculous. Everything else was pretty good, even Dan surviving (because if you read between the lines, the Elder had some pretty good reasons to not want him dead, yet).

1 Like

Glad you enjoyed it P-47. There is always some good In the bad yes?

No. But there was some good in this bad. :D

Well, I’m making slow progress as this series is really not trying hard to mske me binge watch it. The Village Bride was acceptable.
The Ninth Jedi had some pretty idea, but For the Emperor’s sake why are so many force users in the GCW era!
TO-B1 was straight up ridiculous Pinocchio rendition, it would have been an interesting story without the robot Force crap and yet another jedi hunter Vader copy.

I think they were all great. Different and not very deferential to doxa.

I finished it and while the last 3 episodes had a bit more merit still not really impressed.

The Elder was finally something that felt Star Wars, was era-appropriate (thank god they put it into the Republic - the other episodes still have too many jedi in the Dark Times…) and didn’t feel like a cringe-collection.

The bunny-one was interesting, I felt similarly to the Duel or the Wedding Bride that I see a Japanese story in Star Wars skin.

These episodes captured what I expected from this series (Japanese stories in Star Wars / Star Wars stories in Anime) and saved it from the terrible cringe of the “Twins” and “Tatooine Rhapsody”.

The last one, I want to like it, I really do but… The story was interesting, I liked thecharacters but the graphics were disgusting. I guess it’s a style, but still ugly. And that “opponent” at the end… well that felt like a Netflix casting choice.

2 Likes