Tales of the Dice

Could just base it on the results. Make it a Simple (no difficulty) check. Successes get the average findings, the advantages some minor treasure, while any triumphs give them access to rare finds or something pricy :slight_smile:

That’s good in some situations, but it doesn’t give the potential for anything bad.

Another alternative would be to give some bad effects as a base, with positive results enabling the players to negate them, but that isn’t a terribly great way to go about it.

1 Like

No need to risk despairs for looting. I have been using Simple checks a lot more often, lately.

Depends on what you’re looting, I suppose…

There likely won’t be much chance of a Despair. I might spend one Destiny to flip a purple to a red. But just one in three search rolls.

Searching through a slavers’ ship they’re keeping and/or looting has some risk to it and deserves at least the opportunity for Threats.

For a Threat or two they could discover the hard way that a compartment or lockbox is trapped for instance.

I definitely don’t want it to be just a Simple roll. I want the risk and potential danger to be present.

The stuff I want them to find they’ll find with no roll at all.