AI Generated Star Wars RPG Materials

Hey folks - there’s a thread going on about this in the Discord, but I thought I would share here on the forum as well. A few of us have have been experimenting with making character art, environment art, and more for our SWRPG games using tools like Midjourney and DALL-E 2 (Mostly Midjourney because that is widely accessible now).

Some character art:

(The above created with a prompt like: “sci-fi otter humanoid full character portrait, grey battle armor, light purple and red fur, with yellow eyes and a red cape, holding a rifle, white background, illustrated, concept, tabletop rpg, fantasy flight games”)

Environments:

5 Likes

AI is sometimes demented, sometimes surprisingly good, and always terrifying. Like me!

Midjourney seem cool, but can you still only make 25 queries to try it out before having to pay for it? I feel like I would make 25 crazy things in 15 minutes and then the trial would be over. :slight_smile:

Yeah I ended up subbing for a month for $10. I figured when compared to an actual artist commission it’s a pretty good deal :laughing:

But that being said, it was mostly to play around with. I am really excited for future evolutions of the tool.

Agreed, it seems like a fun tool. Could I make a request from you just to see what the tool can do before I sign up for a subscription? My character is a female blue Twi’lek technician and it would be fun to see what Midjourney can do with that. I tried Craiyon (which was formerly called DALL-E mini) and it didn’t produce very good images / faces. But it’s a free tool so I get that it’s not as powerful. :slight_smile:

I’d be happy to! I’m travelling at the moment but I’ll give it a go when I get the chance.

To note, it doesn’t handle Star Wars species requests very well (nor non humans more generally) and so there’s a need to be creative and do things like “a blue woman with two short tentacles for hair”. But I’ll see what I can do!

My previous Twi’lek attempts were not very successful:

Here’s a attempt at your Twi’lek prompt. It really doesnt know how to handle the lekku, but barring that, the results are pretty decent, especially bottom right. You could photoshop on the lekku at this point.

I have been making a whole TON of these using Disco Diffusion. Here are some of my favorites!

2 Likes

A jedi temple under attack

3 Likes

More jedi temple

4 Likes