Broken Vulture Droid

Hello all. My party recently have aquired a new ship, a larger one with a garage. Inside I have put a busted up Trade Federation Vulture droid.

The mechanic wants to fix it up and get it working again. I don’t want it to be a quick fix, rather a project to work on over time.

• Any ideas on what components I should have missing and that need to be installed?

• How should the Droid react or behave when reactivated?

• What interesting or cool functionality could/should it have, practical or otherwise?

Any ideas would be appreciated. I am inspired by the process of repairing HK-47 in Kotor and finding all the missing components.

2 Likes

Well, the starboard stabilizers are shot to one of Corellia’s nine hells, its port blaster cannons are warped from a weapons malfunction that overloaded the XCiter, its starboard blaster cannons are just outright missing (along with the bottom half of the split wing), the Vulture’s “head” took a grazing hit that damaged the navibrain, and its gyroscopes are out of alignment.

As for reactivating, Vultures aren’t that intelligent or aware. The way I see it, you could have it either mostly functional and simply awaiting orders (easy enough for the PCs to break down its loyalty barriers and install themselves as its masters), a completely blank slate the PCs must program themselves, or a self-aware veteran who is grateful for being rescued, but must regretfully destroy them for stealing Separatist military hardware.

As for functionality, I say standard Vulture droid from RotS, plus whatever shenanigans the PCs slap onto it, always keeping both positive and negative narrative results in mind.

4 Likes

Thanks for the reply :+1:

Also consider the rules for building droids when considering the personality for the droid.

What does the player want? Make sure that you’re not spending a lot more time/effort on this than the player wants to put in.

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve kept it simple for now. Depending on how much he continues to pursue it will factor in to how much more effort I put in.