Star Wars Discord RP

Ni Fang from the FFG forums and I have been working on setting up a new Star Wars PbP!
It is currently lacking a name. <_<
We welcome the suggestions of our new members!
Discord Invitation

We’ll be using a heavily houseruled system based off of FFG’s system, but dramatically condensed and simplified in certain areas while staying overall true to the system’s narrative style. The most major changes are that we have done away with talent trees and have dropped Wound Threshold entirely in favor of every hit generating a crit. We’ve also shifted Force powers away from Force power trees and to a skill system. That’s the in-a-nutshell version.

What we need:
Players! Lots of players.
We’re planning to have two factions (one Imperial, one Rebellion) with smaller groups inside each as we gain enough players.

Where it will be:
Discord.
Oh, you mean where in the Star Wars timeline? About two years before Rebels, which is also about a year and a half after Solo.

Important game information:
We have a new custom race. Known as Tzook, commonly referred to as Tooka, they are an evolved humanoid form of the common Tooka and Lothcats, averaging about human-sized to a bit taller.
The Chiss are also present (please note some embellishments have been made as well).

The houserules are currently a work-in-progress, and continued development will be based on feedback from the players.
(Important! Most talents don’t work like they used to. Read their full descriptions)
WT-less Equipment Spreadsheet
Skills/Talents Spreadsheet
Rules Doc

3 Likes

Bump.

We’ve got a couple story lines just getting underway, and are looking for more players! Please check us out if you’re interested, or don’t, we’re not lonely or anything. *sniff* No, it’s okay. We’ll be fine. *sniffsniff*
(Or, if shouting and being authoritative works better for you, JOIN NOW!! CLICK THE LINK! GO ON! CLICK IT NOW!)
(And no, as far as I am aware, we have no cookies. Digital or otherwise. You’ll have to bring your own.)

(Still needing a name) Star Wars RP server: Discord invitation

I got really excited when I saw this, but the house rules are too thick for me I think… I looked them over and just got lost. Sadness and frustration…

I hope you guys get something good going though!

It may seem complicated, but it’s pretty easy to pick up. It’s very RP oriented, so you can ease into the mechanics. If you would like to join, I can help guide you through the ruleset.

Seeing as I have no game group currently, I might just join. However, unfortunately for me in relation to the Star Wars universe, I am tired of the whole Empire vs Rebellion thing. Can I join as a lurker? I hate to be weird and all, but I would really enjoy seeing what you guys are doing!

Absolutely. Most of the people on the server, if they are active at all, are lurkers.

If you want to join other games (none of my games are Empire vs. Rebellion), PM me and we can talk it over.

1 Like

I will do that! I am an honest first generation 1977 visitor to the galaxy far, far away, and I have been a TTRPG player since 79. COVID killed my long stranding gaming group (20+ year), and I have not been able to find another since.

I spent the last several years designing and testing an OSR style RPG, and I could use some play time that is not ‘behind the screen’… By the way, your offerings in this group are quite exceptional, and you seem to be one of the more helpful members, this does not go unnoticed. Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you for the kind words, I’m glad to contribute and it’s nice to feel appreciated. :)

1 Like

Bows in respect A MASTER OF LEGENDARY LORE!!

I am glad you like our system :slight_smile: I do hope you like play by post, since that’s how we do it. and yeah, like the first two posts say, we’re still open, and we do indeed welcome lurkers too.

Right now the plan is to be a slower moving game than most would consider, mostly because I decided to take into account, life events for all members including myself.

I am not a master of anything, just a overly excited fanboy (too much so for many) who remembers what it felt like to see Vader for the first time. I really like what you have going on your Discord, fun stuff! I’ll see you all about the galaxy—