"Always in motion is the future" - Spoilers & Speculation Thread!

Bluntly, I think the most likely outcome is they quit making new sourcebooks. It’s unfortunate, but the writing looks on the wall, to me at least.

I hope not.

Let’s see what news there may be when they launch the new website, sometime … soon™…

1 Like

I would love tosee something that touches at least in a little bit of detail oif the life in the Empire, how soldiers do their duty, how the Imperial Security Breau works, life aboard a Star Destroyer maybe ? Maybe even squad tactics for stormtroopers ?

We seem to be getting more and more stuff focused strictly on the Rebellion, but when you think about it, the Empire might be big and evil to a small rebellion. We’ve never seen it really from the side of the Empire

Dont get me wrong. Its just I feel that there is too much stuff and they’re leaving the Empire in the dust when it comes to books.

EDIT: I have a book called The Jedi Path, its part of a series that includes the Bounty Hunter Code, The Book of the Sith, and The Imperial Handbook. So given there is 1 book for Sith, and 1 book, evne though a simple handbook for an Imperial officer or even cadet. we dont really get to see that side of the story much. if at all

I guess its just me though

3 Likes

I’d support this!
I have the Imperial book and it does a fantastic job building up the Empire from inside (it’s written like a handbook of the Tarkin Doctrine).
Gathering the contents of that could make a great sector book.
It comes up feom time to time, I really don’t get why they won’t touch the subject.
Maybe they are afraid to release a book from Imperial viewpoint cause someone would twist it and found offensive?

In our Discord RP we hope to have an Imperial side of things. We might be stuck with the normal careers and such as presented in the three game lines directly, but we, that is, @P-47Thunderbolt and I, have figured out how to adapt and homebrew a few Imperial Flaire bits into the exsisting careers.

So far its working out. I just gotta finish the Inquistors… {third sister, second sister, Grand Mother… oh wait I forgot my Jedi turned KDY owner killed her…}

3 Likes

I’d love to see some more adventures, or even a campaign. Our group generally play written adventures, so a few more would have been nice. But truth be told, I don’t think they’ll release any new adventures.

If I had to venture a guess, I believe new Era sourcebooks are the most likely. They are stand-alone and work with all three lines.

1 Like

Have you tried converting adventures from previous Star Wars RPGs?

1 Like

I’ve done that a lot for Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay, where I’ve converted adventures from first and second edtion to third edition.

Both Star Wars and Warhammer 3ed from FFG feel quite easy to convert, and possible to do more or less on the fly. The narrative focus of the games and the dice mechanic somehow makes conversions quite smooth.

In our current Star Wars game I’m not the GM, but it’s a great suggestion. I’ll pass it on to my GM.

1 Like

I don’t really feel the need for whole campaign books as they are usually end up being heavily modified anyway.

However I very much liked the format in the Lords of Nal Hutta where they wrote 5 smaller (3-4 pages) modular adventures. They are interesting, flexible. It is the perfect format I think.

A little less good, the ideas in the Allies and Adversaries / Starships and Something. Those 1-2 paragraphs / NPCs - vehicles are less useful, but still not bad to start the creative works.

2 Likes

Droid book like Scavenger’s Guide to Droids from Saga Edition. I’d love to see different droid “species” (Labor Droid, Protocol Droid, etc.), Droid-specific cybernetics, Droid-specific gear and so on. Maybe even a droid universal specs.

3 Likes

That sounds interesting! I can’t really picture a droid spec tree, but having “species” for different droid could be great!

I can’t believe this hasn’t been thought of before. That’s a great idea to have several Droid species instead of just one.

Protocol, Astromech, Labor, and Assassin perhaps? You could easily adjust base Characteristics and Thresholds on those alone. Then add a granted skill for each at rank 1?

Protocol gets Presence bumped up, Astromech Intelligence, Labor gets Brawn, Assassin Agility, that sort of thing. Then Protocol gets granted Knowledge and/or Charm at rank 1, Astromech gets both Mechanics and/or Astrogation, but gets a movement quality penalty (wheels vs legs). Assassin gets at least one combat skill at rank 1. Labor perhaps gets no skills at all, but has a boost in Wound and Strain thresholds and the “Heavy Lifter” quality?

Just thoughts with the morning coffee.

1 Like

Here’s a homebrew that covers the topic: Memory Cores and Motivators, a book for Droids

2 Likes

Yes, I think droid species along the lines of the old “droid degrees” would be great. In addition to different starting stats, they could start with different default gear and/or talents for the different chassis types. It would be great to get stuff to address things like repulsorlift mobility, extra arms, etc. without having to reskin gear like the Utility Arm Armor Attachment, Foot Speeder and other stuff like that.

For specs, taking a page from Scavenger’s Guide to Droids, talents that free a droid behavioral inhibitors, lifting capacity for labor droids, targeting systems for combat droids, and so on.

It would also be great to get new special rules for droids like we saw with the Astromech Actions.

Lucasfilm will relent and rehire Gina Carano, they’ll admit that the 30+ years of pre-Disney buy out is better Canon/Lore, They’ll hire a voodoo priest and resurrect Carrie Fisher, throw out the ST and start again… yeah, right!

I am no longer the target audience for movies but I did enjoy the majority of Mando - even the frog husbad/wife story line was a lovely, side quest whimsy. I’m not holding my breath for anything after the GC sh**storm tbh. I’ve seen Geode and The Vessel youtube vids… I’ll stick with the rpg… speculating on the rpg? Stuff really I’ll buy but hardly use :rofl:

Star Wars 5e Has this. Droids are separated into around 6 classes that determine things such as size, purpose, etc…
Maybe repurposing this to this system could be a good thing?

The current system is flexible enough for this. You want to play a mouse droid, go for it. You get silhouette 0 and move by wheels. That’s gonna be a lot of setbacks in the Dune desert

Did someone say… Mouse Droid ???

1 Like

2 Likes

One of my Star Wars RP characters has one, his name is Vermin, he’s basically a mouse Droid version of Chopper