Book of Boba Fett [Spoilers]

Looking at the cross-section, given that hangar door’s location in relation to the ground above…it’d almost have to be an “open down” instead of an “open up,” unless it was just hinged like old style garage doors, segmented like most contemporary garage doors, or split in the center and opened sideways into the walls.

If that depth is accurate, that’s a good point. I’ll have to rewatch the episode and see what it looks like from there. Opening down like that just looks really weird.

1 Like

The cross-section depth seems to match the Battlefront screenshot. I’m still on the clock, and not in a position to look at the episode, but the rest of the surrounding terrain from the screenshot matches what I remember from watching earlier, and back when that entrance first showed up in the Disney+ Day trailer, I recall Star Wars Explained remarking on the consistency of using the Battlefront terrain/hangar entrance in the shot.

I just rewatched the clip when they were scouting it out, and it could really go either way.

It’s hard to get a good sense of perspective or scale, but it’s certainly not as shallow or shear as the cross-section would suggest.

I’m mostly just not sure of the angle of the slope, if it would be too sharp or if it would be generous enough to hold a raised door, but it’s definitely close enough that saying it has to open down makes sense. My original perception (when I wasn’t paying particularly close attention) was that it was just a door set in a cliff. When I look at it now, I have a better sense of the angles involved.

1 Like

Thinking more about it, opening down may have been a choice based on noticing that very thing. “There’s nowhere for it to go up to,” which, in turn, allowed for the story beat used.

Makes me think of when I was (much) younger and, seeing similar diagrams in comics, I’d sketch out headquarters or lairs for my own super-heroes and villains, and I’d go purely for the aesthetic and not think about the practicality. Which led to things like a great big cool-looking dome above where the team kept their plane…but nowhere for dome doors to retract to to let it out, or doors meant to be sliding Star Trek-style doors right next to each other…but nowhere for those doors to actually open…

I’m a bit puzzled/amused, too, looking at the cross-section. All that big palace space to play with…and the throne room is waaaaaaaaay underground, with the staircase not aligned to get to it from the entry. (The map for Jabba’s palace was similarly unintuitive and maze-like in Galaxies, too.).

1 Like

In that case, good on them for noticing it.

Now, if I were adopting that location and fortifying it, I’d make it a priority to replace that door with one that opened upwards* because a door that opens down like that is a tactical liability (like was shown), but that’s besides the point. The designers made a good use of the terrain.

*I’m aware of the difficulties in that. You’d have to build a physical structure to house it. But that actually gives you various options for fortifying it, beyond the simple “yeah we built a big box to hold it, what’s your point?” There are no real drawbacks that I can think of (beyond aesthetics) to the idea.

So far my over all impression of BoBF is good. It is a different series then the Mandalorian. We are halfway through the episodes and I believe that we are done with most of the flashbacks. It should be interesting where they go from here with Boba Fett. We know there will be a end of season battle with the Pikes. Looking forward to what else we will see with the future episodes.

One part I wanted to add. I did enjoy the the cybernetics/ modder gang. From what I read in the books it makes since that they are on the outer rim. Since this is illegal on most mid and inner rim planets.

1 Like

Aye!

It is a very different show, and I think in a good way. I’m not convinced we’re entirely done with the flashbacks or the Tuskens… but I fear you’re probably right. The Tusken Warrior …! I just want to see more of that character. The battle would be cool, and Fennec’s comment about getting fighters … could we see Din Djarin in one of the following episodes perhaps? Quite excited about Feloni’s episode, if he’s doing something special this time too.

About the cybernetics, yes, it makes sense, it’s just flashy and new - sort of, on screen anyway. I quite like this, it increases the likelihood of someone wanting play a Gank in my group. It’s cool. And I really liked the spiked droid foot stomping when they chased the major domo.

I’m wondering if there’s a Mandalorian Covert on Tatooine after all.

If not, it’s certainly an odd choice for that line to segue into The Mandalorian’s theme music.

2 Likes

Did not pick up on that. Heh.

1 Like

So I was thinking about how episode 4th left us at Boba Fett looking for muscle for the up coming war. My guess we could see other bounty hunters coming to fight for Boba Fett. Some of the possibilities in my opinion is Dengar, Can Bane and most likely the Mandolorian. I’m sure there maybe others. I’m looking forward to episode 5.

Don’t see Fennec wanting anything to do with Cad Bane if he’s still around.

Nor Boba, considering Filoni considers the unproduced Boba/Cad Bane standoff to have happened offscreen.

I’ve seen some theorizing that the Pykes may have hired Bane to take out the Tuskens. They’ve already laid the groundwork that it doesn’t add up that the swoop gang wouldn’t have been up to the task.

2 Likes

I stand corrected about Cad Bane. Agree he would work for the Pokes.

2 Likes

Well with the theme music, it’s got to be Mando in my opinion.

Or, I know I’m going out on a very breakable limb here, but that theme music could just be to throw us off? Fenn could show up with some muscle she found visiting in a cantina she knew were good in a fight and were always interested in credits. When Boba looks enraged, she says, “What you guys know each other?” Camera pans to a smuggler and his Wookie. Yeah, yeah I know it probably won’t happen, but there have been rumors and Luke showed up in Mando.

If not Mando or my stretch, I would actually like to see IG88 (they’ve already done the graphical work) or Bossk (we’ve seen quite a few Trandoshans in this town).

Well, IG-88 is dead, and Black Krrsantan doesn’t take kindly to Trandoshans. But Bossk and Dengar are past associates of Boba, so I wouldn’t be surprised to see Dengar show up again, although I don’t think Boba was ever particularly impressed by his erstwhile compatriot.

Embo is a past associate, and is still out there. But I’m hoping it’s someone new.

Where/when/what media was IG-88 destroyed?

If I remember correctly, Boba Fett destroyed him on Cloud City and dumped him in the droid-melting place where Chewie found C-3PO. You can see him on screen in that scene.

Well, he was active in War of the Bounty Hunters, after ESB, so, not so much.